HTTP Sorta Awe-tistic: A New Start

Sunday, August 20, 2006

A New Start


School starts again tomorrow. New classroom, new teacher, new kids. Fortunately, not a new school though--and not a new curriculum.

We'll be doing preschool again. Academics will be a snap. In fact, they're already done. Well, maybe--T has yet to consistently get that left foot/right foot thing down. But we're working on it.

The real struggle, as always, will be to convince T that anything anyone else is doing is worthy of her attention. While this can pass with her peers, it won't with a teacher. I found a good, basic social story book for preschoolers, so I will copy some and we'll be working with those to remind T what's expected of her.

I've set some goals for myself, too. Here are three:

1. Get the book finished--at least the first draft.
2. Beat my wasteful Starbucks habit and build up enough savings to
  • a) get to Lexington in October, and
  • b) buy a decent espresso maker. Not the stovetop one we live with, but a nice, shiny number that puts out the coveted caramelly crema we coffee junkies so rarely get.
3. Finish the two quilts I've begun for T.

Note--I do not have any big bible study goals here. This is an omission I've yet to fret over. At a minimum I go to crosswalk and do a daily reading. (And no, you don't have to buy anything to do it.)

Is school back in session for you? Are your eyes bright and shiny with the possibilities of a new school year? What are they?

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy A. said...

School starts tomorrow for my little girls, and Wednesday for my big kids. It makes me sad. I think it's weird to start school in August, myself, but that's how it's done here.

It is nice to have a fresh start, though. And fresh crayolas!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home