HTTP Sorta Awe-tistic: Wealth

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Wealth


Here I go, swinging from the ridiculous to the sublime--but I have to share this post from a group of writers at a blog called The Master's Artist.

One of the regular contributors, Jeanne Damoff, has a son who was left brain damaged from a boating accident in childhood. Jeanne doesn't speak of this often at the site, but today she left a story for us that resonated with me quite powerfully today.

Too often we find ourselves thinking the old lie, that what we give away will never be found again--that somehow we will be less whatever. But Jeanne's post reminded me that what we sacrifice for those who have not is a gift that multiplies, not divides us from, our wealth.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A big boo-hoo for me this morning. Pregnancy and emotionally charged videos make for quite a flood! A challenge for me and what am I doing for my children - when sometimes getting juice seems like a big deal.....what are our marathons we are called to run?

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home