HTTP Sorta Awe-tistic: A Purple Dilemma

Friday, August 04, 2006

A Purple Dilemma


Come on...you know you want to see it.

As a little girl you thought the General Lee was cool, but Daisey Duke was dumb. Then you grew up and fell in love with that hip little pink Carmengia Molly Ringwald drove, even if you thought ol' Molly was a complete dope, too. Now, well into your thirties, you look back and realise that even though you're deeply embedded in motherhood and all it's attendent responsibilities, your heart still yearns to be behind the wheel of something rowdy, yet refined. And obviously the sensible little CRV in your garage isn't gonna cut it.

This need for speed in a sartorially satisfying package presents another dilemma, though--a more fundamental dilemma: clearly that beating purple mass within your ribcage is really the comingling of red and blue state passions. The mid-westerner in you loves the wide-open interstate and longs for a sixth gear to speed along it, but the suburban, mildly overeducated (and definately underpaid) artist in you begs for a European edge to her fun. You get annoyed at bathroom humor, but you can't pass up a chance at a snarky social commentary. You hate fart jokes, but you'd still giggle if somebody farted in church.

So do you go cringe at a bunch of thirteen year old toilet humor for the chance to bust your gut on a very funny, funny premise that pokes fun at every red state stereotype?

It's a purple dilemma.

Come on...you know you wanna.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, as a matter of fact, I don't want to see it. The only thing that bores me more than Nascar is jokes about Nascar and their fans.

This will have to be a ladies night out for you sweetheart. If you can find recruits.

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok - I am totally cracked up that Randy has posted a response. I sense this is a descussion that has either been going on behinf the scenes, or has been avoided. I have to say I am with Randy on this. This is one of the Will Farrel movies that I haven't been able to get excited about. And I am known for dragging my friends to any movie with WF in it (except Kicking and Screaming). I made two seperate sets of friends see Stasky and Hutch because of WF. Maybe my love for WF is fading, or maybe I'm just so bored by Nascar that even a movie making fun of it doesn't interest me. Best of luck. Let us know how you like it.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's late - I've been cooking all day, and I'm not a natural speller. Please forgive my spelling and typo sins.

7:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also - I saw Bring it on - though not in the theater. It's not bad. Totally worth a Netflix rental.

7:08 PM  
Blogger shanna said...

I'm not an English teacher anymore, you know. Misspell away, my dear! ;-)

7:09 PM  
Blogger shanna said...

We're reliving the '90's right now with Northern Exposure dvds, but I'll get BIO on the list for afterwards.

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, come on. It's okay to see a 4th grade level trashy movie once in a while. After all, laughter is good for ya, you know? If you think this is trashy, you should see Old School, good old fashion low brow fun. Besides, you gotta keep your brain somewhat in tune to the likes of fart jokes so you can still relate to me. One of my favorite movies of all time is still"the Jerk", i get the urge to watch it when i just need a laugh,and i'm not ashamed to admit it. I had an uncrontrolable urge to see "Raising Arizona" again the other day, so i did....it was wonderful. I hope you're enjoying Northern Exposure, thye don't make 'em like that anymore. I still miss Shelly,and i thought about her a few days ago.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home