HTTP Sorta Awe-tistic: Before the heat set in...

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Before the heat set in...

I finally finished sewing this quilt top for a young woman and her hubby who were married last year. My lovely friend and surrogate mom, Coleen, completed it on her quilting machine and gave it a black binding. I was afraid the black trim might give it too much of a stained glass look, but the binding was very slim and the total effect was pretty snazzy.

Love this young woman. She's been a student of mine and co-laborer in youth ministery, and I wanted to give her something very special. When I apologized for the lateness of the gift, her eyes welled up with tears, and she said, "Oh that's alright. They say you have a year to give wedding presents, and today is the 364th day!"

I had honestly forgotten.

Love to you, Julianne. And that good man, Jason, too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Amy A. said...

Pretty! What a precious gift to give a bride.

Thanks for the wardrobe refashion link you put up at Lisa's blog. I loved it! I am totally inspired to start being more craftsy and artistic.

You wouldn't happen to know what would cause a pressure foot to stop feeding fabric on a sewing machine would you? Mine isn't working and it might cost more than it's worth to take it in. If you have any hints, maybe you could email me.

PS... It's hot here, too. Yuck. I even skipped an ice cream social and that is just not like me. I'm praying for cooler weather with you!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Amy A. said...

Thanks for the machine advice. I'll send it in tomorrow! I am excited to get started on some fall projects and maybe do some duvet covers for my girls room. I received my pottery barn catalog and think I could do a knock off of some sort.

Have a great day. I'd meet you at the pool if I could!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

beautiful quilt!

9:36 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

Gorgeous!

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home