HTTP Sorta Awe-tistic: Fall Break

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Fall Break


We're on fall break here. No, this isn't in consideration for the hoards of tree-peepers who flock to Tulsa in October to see our phenomenal displays of foliage aflame (cough)...no, this is merely a break for the state educators to gather for their convention. So I'm home with the girl.

What am I up to? Let's see...
  1. reading Simon Schama's An Embarrassment of Riches--a cultural history of 17th century Netherlands. This is for a new project--hint hint.
  2. finishing T's flannel nightie. She can't wear pj's treated with fire retardant, and she strips off pajama pants, so I'm making her a gown out of flannel sheets we're no longer using.
  3. picked up the quilt to pass on to Lisa's Russian friend
  4. stickers...stickers...stickers!! T has a new passion for creating sticker stories and sticker "illustrations." Her fine motor skills just aren't up to her imagination, so she's thrilled to play with stickers for, literally, minutes at a time. This is a real break-through for us! The problem is, stickers add up $! (Even with my scrapbook store employee discount.) So if any of you have left-over Mrs. Grossman's, Stickopotumus, or such-like stickers that you're not using--email me and we'll talk turkey. I'm serious.
  5. and I'm contemplating some cute Halloween cards. They probably won't get made.
I'm working Friday night and allllll day Saturday, so it's unlikely I'll post again until Monday. Then again, maybe I'll find something so amazingly newsworthy I can't help myself.

And finally, if you're thinking of Christmas presents already you might want to visit Global Relief's Red site and check out what they're doing. You might find a way to satisfy your consumer urges and do something good.

ciao.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy A. said...

Sounds like a few productive days ahead for you!

I'll check my sticker stash and let you know.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home