HTTP Sorta Awe-tistic: Procrastinating

Friday, September 15, 2006

Procrastinating


I'm supposed to be updating my Intertextual Me blog with a book review, but I just don't wanna. (Yes, I must be at least seven years old.)

Instead I began trolling all my craft blogs and thinking about sewing projects...which lead me to thinking how my sewing machine suddenly began snapping my thread every fifteen stitches. It's mighty annoying, let me tell ya. I was in the middle of a sudden burst of energy and enthusiasm for T's quilt, when whamm-o! snap! snap! snap! the thread kept bustin'. I'll give it another go tomorrow and fiddle around some more to see if I can fix it, but frankly, the machine hasn't been serviced since 1992, so I think it's due for a little TLC. And I think it's telling me so in no uncertain terms.

Meanwhile, I have some fabric cut from an old flannel sheet of ours that bit the dust last year. It's in pieces now waiting to be transformed into a winter nightie for the girl. And then there's the denim I bought to make an A-line, all purpose skirt for the fall/winter...and then there's also the assorted, with-the-Lord-there's-always-hope-they'll-get-done Christmas projects.

And meanwhile I'm coveting angry chicken's new machine. Just look at the cool little jacket she made for her little one! She's got a link to some seriously cool patterns for kids, too. Makes me wish I could forgo eating and sleeping for about 72 hours and whip some of these babies up!

Makes me wish I had a functional machine, too...

Ah well, with the scads of money I'll be raking in at my swanky new retail job, I'll soon be able to rehabilitate my rebellious Pfaff and maybe finish the jobs I've already started.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie S. Calhoun said...

I see you procrastinating...LOL

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home