HTTP Sorta Awe-tistic: Computer Free Fridays

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Computer Free Fridays



Tomorrow is Family Free Friday. Yup. I'm not sure whether to dance a jig or get all teary-eyed at the idea, but tomorrow my dear Randy will pack up the girl and head to Missouri to visit his family and celebrate his niece's high school graduation. And I'm staying behind.

I've been making wishlists in my head for months now, should this kind of freedom present itself, and now I don't know where to begin...

Blair, at WiseCraft, posted this button a few months ago and invited her readers (who are mostly arty moms) to take a once a week break from the little glowing screen. After all, we DO live with other creatures in our homes, and they deserve at least as much of our time as our 'net pals. (See why she named her blog WiseCraft? Such a preceptive one, that Blair...)

So with Blair's encouragement and example, here's the current big weekend wishlist.
  1. Stay off the computer Friday.
  2. Paint the guest/sewing room lemony-yellow Friday.
  3. Eat sushi w/Rach on Friday night (?)
  4. Spend the rest of the weekend in front of little glowing screen.
  5. Write, write, write. (see #4)
  6. Ok, maybe take a couple of breaks and watch Battlestar Galactica from Netflix...
  7. Write, write, write. (see#5)
  8. Ok, maybe take a couple of breaks to sleep.
  9. Church.
Now if I could only figure out how I wouldn't have to eat, drink, or use the toilet all weekend, I'd be totally set.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy A. said...

Enjoy your rest! Free Friday is a good idea. I think I will employ this summer when the kids are home.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home