HTTP Sorta Awe-tistic: Cute City: Art Swap #1

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Cute City: Art Swap #1


Here it is! My first ever art-swap contribution...and isn't it just irredeemably CUTE?

The theme was 'Hope' and we were allowed whatever medium we'd like. I chose fabric because I've got a ton going to dry-rot back in my craft room. Then I ended up with these particular fabrics because I didn't have what I wanted, but did have these. And they coordinated.

Coordination is an important cute factor. So are tiny, embroidered sugar cubes--dancing and smiling, preferably.


And of course, I designed something with my current favorite addiction, espresso. Randy makes me one every morning, and (I am ashamed to say) it gives me great hope. I count the coffee bean as one of God's blessings, a mercy to sleep-deprived parents and over-acheiver types everywhere. And thus, His mercies are new every morning.


This pillow case (with a little extra fabric as a bonus) is going out to one Abby Hogarth in New South Wales, Australia. (Tesla calls her "the Abby lady.") It's springtime here and I thought the colors would be wonderful summery fun, but ooops! it's fall in Oz, so perhaps Abby can stash it away until August rolls around.

Hope you enjoy it, Abs!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy A. said...

Super Cute! Love the pillowcase fabric. That's exactly what I'm looking for to make coasters. Good job!

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home